I had a really tiring week but woke up this morning and saw that Monica Wants To Draw was nominated for a Liebster Award by Raye who has a lovely blog called Jots From A Small Apartment. It made me smile. And that’s a nice thing to be able to do when you wake up from a dead tired week and still manage to smile. So, thank you Raye.
I don’t know how the Liebster Award started. But it is a recognition and appreciation of blogs of small audiences by another blogger. Kind of like celebrating that mom and pop shop you like so much, that make you feel so at home. Or that lovely bakery round the village corner that you miss so much when you move to the big city.
Nothing big. No fancy stuff. Just celebrating simple, ordinary things we like. But simple and ordinary things made beautiful and special because each blogger had spoke with a true voice. And because of that, we feel we share something. And there is an affirmation of our common humanity.
“Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.” (Cyril Connolly)
As we write, draw and publish, we try to remember to be true to ourselves. Despite having only a small audience. Or having no audience. Even if we have just one person reading, we know that audience is true. Only thus, can our work bring us closer to ourselves.
“All you have to do is write one true sentence. Write the truest sentence you know.” (Ernest Hemingway)”
And I celebrate by naming 5 other blogs I enjoy for the Liebster Award:
1. Brush, Needle & Whisk – A wife and mom and teacher combined, whose love of cooking, baking, dabbling in watercolours and knitting makes her blog so real.
2. Studio 47 – Sandi started learning to draw and paint late in life but is doing such a fine job of it, it just makes me feel so encouraged that I can do the same too. And she makes effort to give me critique for my paintings, which I appreciate.
3. Alexandra Creative – I just adore her paintings of flowers, especially the rhododendron she is working on now. It’s painstaking work. And it is absolutely gorgeous.
4. Seven-Legged Express Journey – I tell you, he is one funny guy. Superbly intelligent and creative to come up with something like this.
5. Pretty Pictures – Dawn is a mommy and an incredibly good photographer. I hope to paint as well as she snaps.
The Liebster Blog Award Rules:
1.Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.